The activities of the Foundation are united by a strong ethos that permeates everything we do. Our values and our ethos are summarised by the following:
- To maintain and preserve the site, and to assist visitors from all nations to have a rewarding, fulfilling and emotional experience.
- To ensure it is never exploited for commercial or personal gain.
- To provide year-round, free accessibility for all.
- To create two annual remembrance ceremonies, one on the anniversary of the explosion on July 1st and one on Armistice Day on November 11th.
- To protect, enhance and encourage the unique atmosphere of peace and fellowship, and to foster the spirit of reconciliation.