1. Nurses and VADs This unique bench (as far as we know, the only one on the Western Front).
2. A handsome granite memorial to the Gallant Women of all Nations. Fundraised as above.
3. The Lochnagar Stone. Carved from granite brought from the summit of Lochnagar, the celebrated mountain on the Balmoral Estate in the Scottish Highlands. It was placed there by the RAF Mountain Rescue Association.
4. The George Nugent Cross, commemorating the Northumberland Fusilier found at Lochnagar in 1998 and reinterred in CWGC Ovillers Military Cemetery in 2000.
5. The Tom Easton Stone, commemorating a good friend of Lochnagar who fought here in 1916.
6. The Tunnellers’ Memorial – lovingly hand-carved by Friend Tim Rogers.
7. The Royal Engineers’ Memorial to ‘The Moles’ – situated approximately on the line of the tunnel over fifty feet below.
8. The Grimsby Chums’ Seat – donated and maintained by Grimsby Rotary Club.
9. The Lochnagar Memorial Garden. The focus of this tranquil area is the Angela Speakman Bench and a beautiful garden maintained by Mike and Frances Speakman.
Lochnagar Crater offers you the opportunity to honour their memory and help preserve this unique Great War Memorial for future generations. Each plaque will be for one individual.