- At work, let the person you disagree with talk, uninterrupted.
- Make your first email of the day a compliment to someone.
- Ignore the first mistake someone makes, no matter how serious.
- Try smiling at three people on the way to work.
- On social media, leave a comment for someone you don’t always talk to.
- Find common ground with someone you dislike.
- Stop and talk to a homeless person.
- Pay an older person a compliment while you’re shopping.
- Get in touch with someone you’ve fallen out with, and make sure they’re alright.
- Cut an interesting article out of a paper or magazine and send it to someone.
- Send a postcard to someone you haven’t seen in a while.
- Find a story about forgiveness and reconciliation – and Tweet about it!
- Offer an hour of your professional help to somebody who needs it.
- Make someone tea or coffee at work today.
- Pay a compliment to the person behind the counter at the coffee shop.
- Donate something to a foodbank.
- Arrange to meet your difficult relative for a cup of tea.
- Tweet about a business who are doing good things.
- Pick up litter in your local park or on the beach.
- If somebody tries to jump the queue – let them, and smile!
- At the end of the day, make a point of forgiving anyone who offended you.
- Pay somebody a compliment.
- Buy an extra bar of chocolate and give it to a stranger.
- New neighbour? Share useful tips about the neighbourhood.
- Spend 20 minutes each week understanding a different point of view to your own.
- When driving, let six people out of side-roads.
The Partnership – Daily Acts for Peace
When becoming a Partner we invite you to carry out a daily act that may change your life and the lives of those around you.
Choose from these examples of daily acts to change our world: